The Design Services Department has an opportunity for a driven individual to work as a City Manager.
- Manages a Team that develops both single-family and multi-family address specific plans for our various markets
- Ensures that all architectural plans are compliant with the codes and requirements specified by the permitting authority in various cities as well as individual developer and lot specific requirements are met
- Ensures established deadlines are achieved
- Provides truly outstanding support and high levels of communication with our internal Team Customers
- Facilitates problem solving with fellow Team Members and City Managers.
- Conducts weekly performance evaluation and Team Member development planning
- Conducts weekly Team huddles to coordinate checking items and workload
- Responsible for Team member training and development
- Liaison to Individual Market Project Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field preferred or applied technical degree in Architectural design
- Two or more years managerial experience in related field is required
- Four or more year’s working knowledge of construction and plans
- Residential design experience is required
- Knowledge of residential construction drawings
- Knowledge of recorded plats
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in REVIT strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong customer service skills. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in person, on phone and via email
- Excellent organizational skills and be accustomed to working in a time-sensitive environment
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time efficiently and effectively multi-task at all times
- An ideal candidate will possess the following essential soft skills: team player, excellent time and project management, problem solving, sense of urgency, detail oriented, and a great deal of flexibility